Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back to Tennessee

And by Tennessee, I mean Williams.
I've been without computer for some time, and the rest of the time I just didn't have it in me to post. So, welcome! Welcome aboard for the Montana Repertory Theatre's tour of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof!
Our cast, looking snappy for Dress Parade and PR photos.
This will be an interesting tour to observe. I'm constantly on the lookout for variables that affect the mood and success of a tour besides, obviously, the quality of the show and personalities involved. Williams has a particularly gritty outlook on things that's meaty and satisfying to watch, but it can wear on the soul of a company. However, I think this show will be different. Not only does the mood tilt slightly upwards at the end, but there are moments of humor. Our company is well put together and communicative, which is a recipe for good relations. So far. You'll also notice the warm and bright colors on the set behind them. As odd as it may sound, I think this helps, too, when the world we live in and look at half the time is bright and not dark and brooding.
The rehearsal process flew by in a flurry of schedule changes, short days, long days, lots of days of experimentation, and here we are at Tech Week.
Vague enough?
I thought so. Today we begin adding all the lights, sounds and other effects. This show has been amazingly low-stress, I think because of the very few props involved. For some reason, that's always a big stress. Live by the prop, die by the prop. The play also takes course over a continuous line of action, meaning there are no black outs during the acts, and no big scene changes to worry about choreographing. I hope for (but knock on wood) a smooth and painless tech.
This is just a brief line to let everyone know I'm alive...check back in for travels! We set out on the road next week, starting in Lewistown, Montana!
Til then...

No comments: