Tuesday, January 22, 2008

First day on the Road

...and one truck down.
No one was hurt, but one of the trucks slid off the road and into the ditch. Fortunately it didn't tip over, but white-out conditions and icy roads, and a blizzard blowing around the hotel is not particularly encouraging weather for brand new tour-ees on the first day out of the chute.
So now we're all safe and huddled in Lewistown, Montana, smack dab in the middle of the miserable, frozen state. We'll load in tomorrow and perform the 'clean' version of the play. I still wouldn't let kids watch it, but that's Williams for you.
I'm at least proud to think of how far I've come when it comes to driving. My first tour I hated to drive. It was long, straight, dry highways or nothing at all. Today I drove all day and didn't even flinch. I suppose there really is something to be said for experience.
I don't have much else, but I'm sure there will be plenty of tales from our opening night tomorrow... Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. o.o Glad to hear you're safe and everyone's in tact. Can't beat the rollover of umm.. was it 2006?

Lauren said...

Leave it to Schuff to crash the truck the first day out. I think that beats me missing the turn to Plains first day last year. :)