Tuesday, January 30, 2007

And..the show

So there was the history of the theatre.
As for the work day, it was marvelous. They had wonderful locally roasted coffee to replace my unsatisfying hotel coffee, bagels, doughnuts, and a welcoming spirit that just floored us. Not only did the beauty and intriguing history of the theatre warm me right up to the task at hand, the crew were knowledgeable, friendly and fun to work with.
The set went in without any problems. Alan had broken his glasses and did most of his light focus blind! Or at least, in sunglasses.



Otherwise, the day went smoothly, they served us a beautiful lunch of delicious subway sandwiches from a local deli, and we were out of the theatre in time to hot tub, take a nap and do various other quality time activities.

The Show:

People probably won't believe me because I'm writing this after the fact, but once everyone arrived and we got mic checks done and I was hanging out in the house during half hour before the show, I was just basking in the glow of how good the day had been. The still small voice in the back of my mind said, "...a little too good?" ..as if waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Alas.

Then the lights began to flicker. They dimmed off and on of their own accord in subtle areas, but noticeable enough. I asked the local crew if the theatre had ghosts and they said yes, but some later comments led me to believe they were just joking. Except I'm sure there were. A theatre that has burned down and been rebuilt? There have to be some rogue spirits about.

Anyway, the lights really freaked out during Louie's entrance. The problem was fixed at intermission but it just goes to show that you can never be too careful and...well, there's never a dull moment.

No comments: